Anyone know of 2.0TDi PD DSG conversion in a Mk2?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by foxyjay, Aug 18, 2014.

1. foxyjay Forum Member

I have a complete donor car with 55k on it, and wondering if it's even worth considering putting in my Mk2.

My BAM conversion still isn't finished, but after buying the 996, my enthusiasm for completing it - to be yet another petrol car on my driveway has diminished.

I've seen a few PD conversion threads, and although I haven't carried out exhaustive searches - I haven't yet seen a 2.0TDi conversion let alone one with a DSG 'box.

I have converted my SDi caddy to full TDi (1.9) using the full front end mechanicals and suspension off a Seat Altea donor vehicle - including electric steering...but that was kinda easy, as the vehicle was built for it, and had all the electronics ready and waiting pretty much!

Any pointers gratefully received!

2. m1keh Forum Member

How new do you want the 2.0tdi to be?

Common rail or the earlier pd 2.0tdi?

Common rail will be more fun with immobiliser etc.

3. foxyjay Forum Member

Dude - I already have the donor vehicle! lol
    It's a 56 reg Skoda Octavia L&K 2,0TDi PPD.
    I have de-immobilised ECU already from when I had a clock-swap on a previous 2.0Tdi.

The Engine side of the equation is not worrying me much tbh.....it's the DSG side that I'm wondering how i could resolve.

The VW training document for tech's shows the parts of the car that the DSG talks to - and low & behold the ABS pump is one of those.

I've been reading up an interesting thread on VW Vortex where a UK guy had built a prototype DSG controller using an Arduino stand-alone one-pcb computer.
    It makes interesting reading..........but doesn't solve my questions.

4. m1keh Forum Member

The least amount of "thinking" method is to transfer everything including abs rings sensors etc etc...

Deleting the need for wheel speed sensors etc from the standard DSG ecu will be hard even for the pro tuners....

Going standalone on a dsg is going to cost alot in calibration and setup as it doesn't seem like anyone has a "bolt on" solution currently.

5. m1keh Forum Member

6. foxyjay Forum Member

Cheers dude looks interesting