Anyone use a Lupo for motorway driving?

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by G-Man, Dec 8, 2005.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

These little lupo's seen solid little cars, but are the build quality up to scratch to the Polo's and Golf's?

Plus anyone used a Lupo for everyday driving on the motorway-if so are they a pain or ok?

2. Phantom Photon New Member

I use a Lupo GTI as my everyday car and drive about 45 miles on the motorway daily. No complaints whatsoever and once you get on the twisty back roads it's even more fun [:D]

The build quality it up to the same standard as any Golf, Polo etc. not only in my opinion but that of most of the motoring press.

3. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

We use my g/f's Lupo 16v (1.4 100bhp) every day for a short trip to work and out and about round town, it's a great car. Not used it for any long motorway trips but been 50 - 60 miles in it quite regularly and it's great on the motorway too - much quieter, more economical and more comfortable than my Mk2 in any case.

I think they are well up to the standard of the larger models although the 1.0 engines may be a bit breathless at motorway speeds? Not really tried one of those apart from a short test drive.

4. G-Man Forum Junkie

Yeah as insurance next year on a Lupo is really low for me, just thought about getting either the 1.4 16v sport or gti but thats for daily 60-70 motorway miles (30-40 each way!)

So it doesn't get too noisy in the cabin does it due to its smaller size?

5. Jeff Forum Junkie

They don't have a boot, so much as a "rear glovebox" complete with 6 inch wide parcel shelf!

But thats the only thing putting me off them, I can fit in them just fine at 6ft2.

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

buy mine please!

7. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Er... our Lupo seems virtually silent at any speed to me, well compared to my Mk2 anyway. I suppose it depends what you're used to but certainly seems like a very refined car to me.

1.4 16v is pretty quick too if a bit too much roll on corners for my tastes.

8. altern8 Forum Junkie

i use mine every day 20 miles each way motor way and they are perfect loads of room in the front i got the tdi and it cruses fine

the boots are tiny but that dont matter :)