Anyone used the Admiral multi-car policy?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by luke w, Sep 29, 2010.

1. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

The girlfriend wants to get a car now that she's finished uni and working, but she has no no-claims so everything is coming up quite expensive. So I thought I'd check what the Admiral multi-car policy would be like. First off all they wouldn't give a quote as it was modified (even though they make you go through and list all the modifications [:x]) so I went back and put it as standard. So the cars and details were as follows.

Corrado 16v and Lupo TDI Sport

Me - 25, 7 years no-claims, using the car for commuting and business
    Girlfriend - 23, 0 no-claims, using the car for commuting

I'm the main driver for the Corrado with the gf using it occasionally, and vice-versa for the Lupo.

My no claims were used on the Corrado, the gf earning no claims bonus on the Lupo

Currently I'm paying 250 a year for the Rado, the best quote we got previously for the Lupo was 1000.

Quote came up, for both, 527 :o

Couldn't believe how cheap it came in at, so I tried other cars for both of us. I could go upto Mk2 16v's and MX5s for the gf and the policy only went up another 100. I pushed my luck trying a RS6, with the Lupo still, and the gf using it, 780 for both cars!!!

Best one though was an S4 and the Lupo, both using each, 589 [:D] I'm seriously tempted to get rid of the Corrado and find an S4 now if they are that cheap to insure.

2. Rayhoop Paid Member Paid Member

Im with Admiral Multicar. It works quite well for us. We pay approx 300 per car fully comp, but then have added breakdown cover on top (which I wont be renewing, as can get both cars covered for cheaper via an upgraded TSB current account).

We started off with just the Honda Accord in 2007, which I was the main driver, and the wife was a named driver. Neither of us had any NCB. We kept out policy with Admiral, as after shopping around it always came up cheapest. We then bought the VR6 this year, and I put my wife as the main driver of the VR6 and put it under a multicar policy. As she was a named driver on my Admiral policy, those years count as NCB for my wife on the VR6 as we insured it with Admiral.

So, at the end of the 1 year term on the VR6, she'll have a certificate for 3 years NCB ;0). At that point, we'll shop around and see what deals we can get seperately and compare to continuing with the multicar policy.

3. mexicorich Forum Member

Used Admiral multi car policy the last few years for just myself and two cars at anyone time.
    Yes its really easy to pay them an annual premium isn't it :-)

I havn't had to try claiming though, don't know if that might be a different story!

4. prof Forum Addict

that's super cheap, snatch their hand off

5. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

I looked at it for me and the mrs but it was more expensive for cover for my BMW than I eventually paid for both on separate policies with different insurers

6. mk28vICED Forum Member

multicar is spot on, never had a prob and good prices... recommended.

7. Didnt work for me was more expensive than insuring both cars seperately in an almost identical situation although mine is a mk2 16v and the missus a 1.0 polo 6n2. Strange how it works for some and not others.........

8. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Be warned with Admiral multi-car policy. It starts off cheap and then they just contiually bump it up year on year. After 3 years it becomes very expensive. Just make sure you shop around at renewal time! In 3 years our insurance price has gone up 450 - geets. I guess they hope people are too lazy to check and just automatically renew.

9. paulyDMX Forum Member

The same could be said for virtually every other insurance company.

I'm with Admiral multicar now, as the mrs already had two cars with them, I've just added mine on. Admiral were the cheapest when I shopped around anyway though - even though last year I was with Bell who are the same company.

When I spoke to Bell to cancel, the girl even said "but we're the same company and could price match!" - I'd prefer it if you'd have just offered it to me' for your best price in the first place!!

10. Rayhoop Paid Member Paid Member

We've got a Admiral multicar policy - 2nd year now, and renewal price did creep up a bit from 650 to 700ish, but a couple of phone calls to bump up the excess to 350 (was 250) and remove the breakdown cover on both cars, and we now have 2 cars covered fully comp for 570 (Wife and I only have 3 and 4 years NCB as we were always named drivers).

Break down cover (and phone, travel, home cover etc) we'll get through our bank's current account benefits for a annual fee.

I'm quite happy with Admirals service so far - dont have to wait too long on the phone, staff are polite and professional. But so far - touch wood - we have not had to make a claim, so cannot comment on that aspect of service.