anyone wearing bridgestone potenza RE720?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by robin, Nov 13, 2003.

1. robin Forum Member

anyone?

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Nope, you can't get them in a 32 inch waist/32 inch leg black overdyed. No use to me.

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I used to run them on my RAs, next to the Avon ZZ1s they're the crappest tyre I've used on a Golf [xx(]

Squealtastic :(

4. robin Forum Member

ah right, i was about to order some for my new wheels as i can't get hold of F1's. arse

5. zcacogp Forum Member

I had a set on the front of my stock Mk3 8v, in 15inch wheel size (can't remember the rest of the size details.) But I thought that they were fantastic. Sorry to disagree with GVK, but for me they were excellent - substantially improved the way the car behaved (although I can't remember what it had on before I changed them). They were so good I went back and got another pair for the back. (They got very good reviews in several German motoring magazines as well.)

However, bear in mind that the same tyre can behave very differently in different sizes and different applications. Find (if possible) someone with the same car, and the same size wheels to you, and ask them what really works for them. It's the best way to tell.

Oli.

6. zcacogp Forum Member

BTW, are you Robin from the Porka.net polo forum? If so, what do you know about 1996 1.0 Polo's? What should I look for if I am trying to buy one for a friend? What goes wrong with them, what should I look carefully for, what wears out at about 66,000 miles?

Oli.

7. Pike Forum Member

GVK: Have you had any probs with the ZZ1's someone on here gave the impression the other night that they weren't much cop but I never found out why!

8. damogti Forum Junkie

**** Moved to correct section ****

9. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

pike, to put it simply, they're crap, the squeal like hell in thre dry and are even worse in the wet, I gave them away in the end they were THAT bad

I don't care if they fit them to Caterhams and Astons, they're crap!

10. jprocter Forum Member

I have a full set on mine and found the gud, they havent worn to bad and they dont squeal. They arent bad in the wet either. I am comparing them to some goodyear ones i had on before (they wore v.quickly).
    Just my views though and its only on a driver.

Cheers

11. robin Forum Member

thanks for the replies guys,

i have tried to get hold of these tyres but none in stock so i have gone for some uniroyal rainsports instead, at 45 a piece for 195/45/15's aint a bad price, go lovely with my new bbs polished wheels

@zcacogp, yeah dude i am from porka.net, in fact i own the place along with my mate kam, if you want advice then the best thing to do is register and post something as a few ppl on there have 1litres so they can give you better advice as i don't have a 1litre.