Anyone with a mk2 gti around Weston-Super-Mare?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UKLonar, Aug 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. UKLonar

UKLonar Paid Member Paid Member

Hey guys/gals,

I'm still looking into getting an 8v GTI (As a first car as well!), If all goes well I may consider doing it next month. I've gotten a fairly decent insurance quote on one, which is still quite expensive but in my opinion very much worth it! Anyway, are there any members around the Weston-Super-Mare area that are willing to show me their GTI in person? I'd like to get an idea of what I need to look for and exactly what the car is like! I've been very much enthusiastic about mk2's for as long as I can remember so I hope someone out there can give me a hand!

Cheers in advance,
    Tom

2. UKLonar

UKLonar Paid Member Paid Member

Also guys,
    I'm hoping to get one which is as stock as possible. What extra bits and bobs should I definitely change from stock to make the car "better?".

3. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Plenty on peeps in the Bristol region have Mk2s but none are remotely standard, if you fancy popping along to one of our meets we'll be happy to chat about what to look for etc.

The next one isnt until the end of next month, if that isnt too long to wait, we meet at the Dew Drop Inn on the A370 between Backwell & Long Ashton bypass, last Wed of the month at 7.30.

I'll also link this thread in the Bristol section & hopefully one of the guys will reply.