Anyone work in a SEAT dealer, or know someone who does?

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by PeeJay, Aug 5, 2014.

1. PeeJay Forum Junkie

The long version:

I've got a 2011 Seat Exeo ST, when I bought it I mentioned I'd like heated seats, but the only one they had in the spec I wanted didn't but "it's okay sir, they're dealer fit options - 300ish".

I was getting in late in winter and I was broke (still am I suppose) anyway 6 months later with Winter always around the corner I asked my local dealer over the phone about fitting them - this is a different dealer to the one that sold the car - "sorry, it can't be done, without the winter pack fitted in the factory it's impossible". I guessed the first place just lied to me to make sure I didn't look elsewhere, but when I mentioned this on the den or arseholes that is Pistonheads I was called a "total spectard" and they're an easy fit and indeed it was the second dealer who lied because they were super grumpy I didn't buy the car from them.

Anyone know for certain? I really like them after a cold winter bike ride, but my Wife loves them with a passion usually reserved for our children.

Ta.

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm sure it can be retrofitted even if you have to fit the heat pads to the seats and get the looms and switch's
    Lots of people have done in mk4 and mk5 golfs so don't think it will be that hard to do

Have a look on some of the SEAT forums

3. MUSHY 16V

Is the Seat Exeo not just a rebadged Audi A4 B7
    Should be lots of how do's on the net

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I'd be pretty certain of it being retro-fittable.

"Winterpack" would just be different seats (those with heating elements, obviously...), switches and couple of loom sections; seats to fusebox, and fusebox to dash switches (with requisite fuses/relays)

5. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I'm pretty sure the Audi seat looms will just plug in

6. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Sort of, it's 99% all B7 A4, but it's the details that get you - the dash (and fusebox held within you'd guess) are straight out of the A4 cabrio - but the seats aren't, nor are they like any I've ever seen in any other Seat.

My problem is I'm not savvy enough to want to tackle it myself, I wouldn't know where to start.

7. MUSHY 16V

The climate control unit has the heated seat switch's built in if it's the same as the A4
    If you have climate you will have to change the unit for one with the switch's
    Plenty on eBay cheap you don't want to be buying a new one as they are not cheap
    kufatec may or may not do looms for them
    With kufatec looms it is 90% plug in and play but you will have 3 or 4 wires you need to plug into plugs in the car loom and maybe one too the fuse box

I think the seats will be the time consuming part of the job may pay upgraded the seats to better ones with pads already fitted

I can see why you don't want to do it you self

I think if you take it to seat they will ever say or they can't do it as said above