APU Into Audi 80 B2....Time for T!

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Dan2144, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Dan2144 New Member

Hi All!

As per title, a friend had an APU 1.8t with gearbox lying around....believe it or not, it was mid-mounted in a RWD Austin Metro project that never got off the ground haha.....!

This now lives in my Audi 80 SC B2, and I'm at the stage of getting to grips with the engine loom and hook-ups to the original car loom....

But this is the first time I've messed with a 1.8T.......

I was going to piece together my own engine harness, as I want to run ME7.5 (I plan to use an AUM ECU I have, p/n 06A 906 032 FC with VVT delete and some other deletes....

Plan is to modify the AUM loom to work with my APU (DBW) engine....extend or shorten bits here and there, maybe swap out some sender connectors etc...

Can someone point me in the right direction for the APU and AUM ECU wiring schematics? I keep finding dead links on searches :thumbd:

Also, anyone offer a little advice on doing this? I know I will need to get a VVT delete on the ECU, amongst others...and also my APU originally ran 3-wire coilpacks with external amplifier (I'm guessing I should build up my harness to use the 4-wire coilpacks, and ditch the amplifier?)........

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Pics needed!!

3. Dan2144 New Member

Hi Tristan,

What do you need pics of?

Let me know, I'll sort some out! :thumbup:

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

The whole build! Love a b2.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

6. Dan2144 New Member

Thanks John, perfect!

I'm just at the stage of marking up stuff and working out which parts of the loom I can ditch...
    I was just about to become a little stuck haha (there are 3 or 4 connectors at the injector end of the loom that have had the sleeving removed a little, the schematic will make it a doddle identifying the last ones :thumbup:)...

I think it was your Google Drive files I've stumbled across before John - I must have missed the relevant ones! lol

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I would like to see pictures of the installation also.
    From going to see cars to carry out revised maps on them with installations like yours and many other unique installations, t save you time, I would suggest you use as many of the sensors and outputs from the AUM 06A906032** ECU, including the coil packs, cam phase sensor and crank sensor. There are differences between controls from one legislative era to the next, in this case between EU2 and EU3 controls.