Are Performance Trim still in business?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by djdubs, Jul 21, 2011.

1. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

with the cost of carbon fibre as high as it is i think they probably just ran out of money

2. djdubs Forum Member

These people were criminals.. They took nearly 2k off me for parts clearly in the knowledge they wouldn't deliver. I even gave away my original, wings, bonnet, tailgate and sunroof so have those to find/buy again and not so much as a reply to any of my calls, emails or letters.

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The only recourse you've got is pursuing the route of the directors trading whilst insolvent, ie taking funds off future customer jobs to survive. Might be worth a mooch on Google to check the implications.

4. danster Forum Addict

True, what about theft by deception?

But for 2 grand, you could also hire a hit man or just get tooled up and get "in aboot them". :o

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Contact the receiver to reclaim your property - if it's not too late, and lodge a business creditors claim with them too.

Odd, companies house is still showing them as registered where they were. Usually the registered address alters to that of the receiver.

Has the company reemerged from the ashes already, or is there something else going on here?

6. djdubs Forum Member

I signed up on companies house website to allow me to receive any notifications of change within the company ie. Address, liquidators in etc but have received no news.

7. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

No doubt they will pop up with a new name soon.
    How did you pay? For 2k I would have hoped you put it on a credit card! I only got one for buying parts for mine.
    As chris says, you need to put in a claim with the receiver to see it you can get anything back from their assets.

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I am surprised. One route is to find who their accountants & advisors were and make some enquiries. They may have prepared their accounts etc. Or speak to the tax authorities. You need to take advice somewhere - Citizens Advice?

A company does not just disappear without implication!

9. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

This is 2-fold:

1) You get back your items which are your property. They do not form part of the assets of the business which the receiver uses to pay off the creditors

2) Lodge claim for the monies which again are not the business's, but are not as easily identifiable as a bunch of physical metal panels.

Unfortunately the likelihood of 2) if the business has gone to the wall is low, but 1) - if you act(ed) promptly - are yours to have.

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

This reminds me of TSR when management caused it to fold last time, is the thread still on here as there was informaation iirc on gettting parts back?

11. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The information was the same, ie contact the receiver.

For Performance Trim though, there doesn't seem to be any clarity on a receiver, whether they've shut up and disappeared to the Costa del Rodney or restarted as a new co.

12. skywalker38 Forum Member

for people who chopped their roof of,this man can fabricate one if you are interested
    he makes also carbon fibre doors
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sichtcarbon-...le_ohne_Strassenzulassung&hash=item1e66d64731

good luck for the ones who still have to receive their payement,i thought it was a healthy company,i ordered a roofskin bootlid and bonnet from them and must say quality absolutely perfect and the delivery was very quick

13. atlas2l8v Forum Member

pmd djdubs

14. djdubs Forum Member

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. Unfortunately, I no longer own a credit card so used Paypal via my bank account to pay. Due to the nature of carbon fibre panels I was prepared for a wait whilst my parts were built. Unfortunately, and un-beknown to me this meant that the period in which I could lodge a complaint with Paypal had expired. Probably very naive of myself but it did not even enter my head that Performance Trim might not survive.
    I have checked with various sites but cannot find any mention of liquidators/receivers as yet.
    Also, as a few of you have said I have no doubt that Mike of Performance Trim will soon be up and running again under another name with my money.. If anyone hears of anything please drop me a pm.

Thanks

15. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I can't help but wince at the typically English shoulder shrug here.

Has any one actually bovvered to make a trip to the place, or report the situ to the Police?

I mean you either see the appointment of administrators/liquidators or you report fraud [:s]

Just staggering...

16. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Ltd. Company Chris, not much you can do. You claim fraud, they claim they were waiting on a load of orders from Tuff Schmitt, or me, or that they couldn't forsee this.
    Takes a while to officially go into administration, as well. Mulsanne Ltd are dissolved, and I presume that is an umbrella name for the whole group of companies?

17. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Nah, this is fraud. Suggest you check whether a co can go from trading to closing to dissolving / London Gazette strike off in < ~3 months flat. Impossible.

The company website now says ceased trading, which is not an administration or receivership. Taking money and ceasing trading is obtaining money via deception.

Sit on your hands all you like, it's your money.

18. CovGTi Forum Member

Sometimes i wish i had trained as a lawyer not an engineer.

makes me mad

19. neo badness Paid Member Paid Member

I'm pretty surprised by this.

20. dlnglb New Member

Its not that expensive mate.