Armour door plates

Discussion in 'Security' started by GTI, Dec 15, 2003.

1. GTI

GTI Forum Member

I need to get a pair for my Mk1.

Where should I get them? GSF do a set for about a tenner, and C&R do a set for nearly 40. Surely these can't be the same? I don't want to get some crap ones and I don't want to get ripped off either.

Help!

2. Get the ones for 40 as they are made from aero spec metal and actually fit, whereas the cheap ones are s**t and dont fit very well.

In PVW or the Golf this month there is a company called Avon bar racing that is selling them for about 25. ;)

3. Ajit_mk2_16v Forum Member

C&R are the best ones in my opp! [:D]

4. alanbe2 Paid Member Paid Member

Defo go for the expensive ones, the 10 rust really quick, and look awful now :(

Al

5. GTI

GTI Forum Member

well i plumped for the more expensive ones that gsf do. cost just under 30 and they look identical to the ones in the c&r adverts, nice finish and a good fit.

6. crispy Forum Member

my c&r 1s are fantastic and actually make the doorhandles look better. go 4 it

7. spellmaster Forum Member

I dont care what people say about these things. some say there a security feature others that they make little difference. But hey the make the doors look so much better.
    If u get the proper 20+ ones, other wise they rot!