Aston Martin dealership.....

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by RIP-MK3, Feb 1, 2009.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

got up early (f***ing kitten [:x] :lol: ) so went to take some shots of some beautiful cars...

The photo's arn't the best as it was bloody cold, mainly just wanted something to play around with in PS, playing with blurred backgrounds etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

let me know what you think, only really just starting to get to grips with PS

:thumbup:

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

you can get the effect without using PS, using your camera.
    depth of field, but yeah, they look good :thumbup:

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^^ you can, but with a limited max aperture of 3.5 (5.6 if you want any zoom!!!) it's dificult, so for the mo PS is cheaper until I can get a quicker lens like a 1.8 etc

PS is actually not as hard as it first seems if you take your time and watch a couple of different tutorials as there seems to be about 5 different ways to do the same/simila effect.

4. WEZ

I could do it in a couple of minutes, but off the camera looks better ;)

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

... says he, modestly! :lol:

Yes, you are very limited by the F stop of your lens and if you're stuck with F3.5 or worse, there's no getting around it.

On the other hand, you can overdo it. even with a lens such as yours. The last pic of the AM is sharp at the front, but focus falls off at the back of the car, when presumably you wanted the car in focus and the background out.

But the important points are that you are understanding about DoF/aperture setting and also going out and playing around until you get what you want.

You must live somewhere posh, having an AM dealer and them parking them outside. Round here, even the Proton dealer locks his cars up at night to save them becoming torches! :lol:

And take no notice of Wez - he's just a clever clogs really! ;)

6. WEZ

haha - didn't notice the number plate OO07 :thumbup:

PS fisheye:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not as good as having the proper lens either, but you get the jist ;) :p

7. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I've driven past there once - recognise it as Walton.

Has to be said they are great looking motors (and photos!).

8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^ yes walton..... has a big fourcourt with loads of nice motors and then even more tasty convertible one's inside.

@ stella..... the top of the aston in question was blurred by the camera (annoyingly!!) which was probably some what exagirated when I blurred the background etc...

nice PS's Wez.......

EDIT: Think I had the auto focus area on spot which is why it didn't capture the whole car in focus but the closest area is in sharpe focus. You can see it on the DBS, the nearest wheel is super sharp but the tailgate is slightly out of focus.... still practice makes perfect as they say

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  9. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

agreed, although if I am ever in a position to buy one I would be getting the AMV8 all day long. They all look the same to me, and I would be driving so bloody fast no one would know when I scream past that I had bought the 'cheap' one!!!!

10. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Cheapskate!

:lol:

11. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

Walton-on-Thames ain't exactly posh :lol:. Funnily enough, that used to a be a VW dealership one side and Audi on the other.