AT power throttle bodies - Any views or opinions? INPUT PLEASE

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by morewhitenoise, Mar 6, 2014.

1. morewhitenoise Paid Member Paid Member

Hi guys,

Ive been considering fitting ITB's to my ABF for a while and always assumed id just buy the jenvey direct to head kit and be done with it....

That was until I stumbled across these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are slightly more expensive but the quality looks spot on.

Ive done a lot of google searching but cant find much info on them apart from some poor quality youtube videos.

Any first hand experience or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! ( i am a total noob with ITB's)

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

They are OK, but I have had problems with build quality on one project.

For less money and no real down sides I would just fit JENVEYs DTH.

Bill from Badger 5 sells them.

Ben S likes this.
  3. Damo mk1 Banned

I have them on my car they are very well made aside from a couple of issues due to my parts being the prototype and an error with the sealing o-rings supplied they are very good. They are expensive but you do get very well made parts just double check the throttle pot and o-rings before fitting. They do a curved model which is what mine are for better under bonnet clearance.

4. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

I have Badger-5 dth bodies, but i do like the look of these also. Had a chat with them at Autosport and they have a new design in process which apparently is 'better' than their old one. I dont know what that means as they have not sent me further details yet, apparently they are a true dth design this time with the butterfly closer to the head (more responsive). I reckon they would be a good route if you waned something custom, as apparently mods can be made as you wish. And the curved inlets in a good idea. But the badger-5 set are well tested and known so y'pays ya money......

5. morewhitenoise Paid Member Paid Member

Just incase anyone was following this, i have purchased the revised ABF throttle bodies from AT power - check my build thread for pictures