Audi 2007 with 1.8t

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Audi 1.8t, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Audi 1.8t New Member

Hi would anyone help me with my wiring on my 2007 Audi a3 now with an 1.8t from seat Leon 180bhp original engine in Audi was an 1.6. Thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

its going to a be a little tricky if its an earlier Leon as you're convertign from MK4 platform electrics to MK5 so a fair bit of difference. Whats the year and/or engine code of the Leon donor? Also what engine code was the original A3 engine you removed? If unsure on either the ECU part numbers will do

3. Audi 1.8t New Member

The Leon was a 2002 and the engine code is auq and the original Audi engine code was Bse.

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

So your Audi is an 8P chassis yes?
    What specific wiring problem do you have?
    Are you tackling this conversion yourself?

5. Audi 1.8t New Member

yes it is mate and I've done the engine loom to ecu just having problems with the other one that plugs into the ecu

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

right, the Audi 8p ecu pinout is pretty different, but you may find the terminals inside the ecu plug are the same as the ones in the 20v ECU, the diagram shows its a T121. If so you can depin all of the old ecu wires and then once you ID what they are, swap into the 20v ecu plug in the right places. Its time consuming but saves a lot of soldered joints!

you'll have to add a mk4 type clutch switch, the audi clutch position sender probably isnt going to work with the 20v ecu but it may do? Theres a wire from the sender to the on board supply u8nit so this might be required to keep the other car modules, though it might only be required for cruise control. you'll need to change the accelerator pedal DBW unit as well, I dont believe its possible to calibrate the audi unit to work on a mk4 type ecu.