Audi A4 , adjusting the handbrake? And adjusting the tie rods?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Tristan, Jul 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Was having a wee look at the rear brakes of the A4 (2004 , B6) , in particular the handbrake... the calipers look like mk2/3 style , and are free , ratcheting out etc , but I couldn't figure out the adjustment at the handle , it seems to be a ratchet style thing?

Also I wanted to centralise the steering wheel , but the track rod ends don't appear to adjust like mk1/2/3 Golfs etc , what's the procedure guys?

Thanks in advance.:thumbup:

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. Tristan

Thanks RJ , the front tie rods had me puzzled for a bit , with the floating section in the actual rod end.

Pressing the release button.... I had a poke around with a screwdriver , but nothing seemed to pop?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  4. dubster67 Forum Member

On my B5 A4 the number of clicks the handbrake lever can be pulled up can be adjusted by pulling out the special adjusters that are part of the handbrake cables.

All I have to do is pull on the cable on the lever side of the adjuster and you hear a kind of click/pop as it comes out, I think it is a serrated mechanism inside the adjuster.

Might be the same on your B6.

5. Tristan

cool , I'll try that!