Audi AWX 130 tuning options - better get it running right first

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by jettadan, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

does the ecp site show a vw part no?

2. jettadan Forum Member

No, but after a bit of an internet search, i think its 059 919 501A and is green to replace the original black, and is a 4-pin sensor. Also need the retaining spring and seal (got the part no's too).

Can't see pics at work, but found a couple of how to guides which i've emailed myself links to at home, but it sounds like its somehwere behind the air box on the drivers side and is a PITA to get to!

Now just need to get to ECP or the stealers to get one bought! I'd prefer ECP or GSF i think......:lol:

Gonna try cleaning the MAF seperately after i've replaced the sensor first.

3. jettadan Forum Member

19.10 + VAT for the sensor, seal and clip from ECP - waiting for me to pick up tomorrow!

4. jettadan Forum Member

Just to update, fitted the sensor friday night, easy job, and now the car runs fine once warm with no slight performance loss. Checked codes and now all gone so going to leave the MAF alone for the time being.

Going to wait to change the intercooler and see how long it lasts as it'll be obvious now if it goes again as it now puts out very little noticeable smoke when driving (to me anyway!).

When i get a spare hour and some decent weather going to fit the louvre panel in the wheel arch liner behind the intercooler and finance depending, it'll be getting chipped as soon as funds allow.

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

a friend of mine has a 1.9 2002 passat diesel.

his exhaust appears to have sheared/separated after the cat. i spent about 5 minutes under the car but im stained with that diesel engine oil. HATE IT