Audi S3 AMK Coolant Hoses

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by RoryH, Apr 2, 2012.

1. RoryH Forum Member

My Audi S3 (AMK Engine) has a small coolant leak coming from the top radiator hose (the box where it comes out of the engine) and from 2 random pipes (that i think are coolant) just underneath the intlet manifold.

The leaks arent really serious, the pipes are just wet and iv topped up the coolant once when i first noticed the leak a few weeks back.

Im guesing the leak on the top rad house is because the O-Ring that sits in the box has gone and is causing it to leak so im going to have to rebleed the whole system anyway to get it off.

Iv now decided that as the car has recently broke the 100k mark and im planning on taking her out on the track in june/july im going to buy a full silicon coolant hose kit for her as its about 50 for just a new top rad hose from Audi or about 200 (prices vary and iv been looking around) for a full silicon hose kit.

Can anyone recommend a good kit that they have used in the past? Also im going to do the job myself and guessing it should be quite straight forward but are there any hoses that are pretty hard to get to/hard to remove?

Cheers,

Rory