August Photo Competition

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by antinkariba, Aug 11, 2011.

1. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Ok then, the topic for this months photo comp is going to be "Loving Life".

The photo can be anything that shows loving life!

Same rules apply as usual -

1) If you've signed up to the forum, you can enter.

2) Photos to me (antinkariba) by 31st August please. They can be PM'd, or e-mailed (PM me for my address), or you can PM me the link to where it's hosted.

I will acknowledge receipt of the photo within 24hours; if I don't, chase me with a PM. I am away working for 2 weeks in Norfolk, but will do my best to answer!

3) JPEG format only, at 72dpi.

The limit will be 1024 pixels width and/or height.

4) If possible please strip the exif data from the picture, this makes it an anonymous entry. This can be done in Photoshop by "saving it for web & devices".
    If you are unable to do this, or resize it, don't worry - sent me the photo anyway, i'll sort it out.

5) The photo should be one taken from now, ie. the start of the competition, not something you've already done.

6) A small to moderate amount of Photoshopping is allowed. So sensible cropping and adjustments of levels, for example, will be tolerated; as will cloning (if you're merely getting rid of small imperfections).
    This is a photo contest, not a Photoshop contest.

Good luck and let the games begin!

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Do you have anything particular in mind for 'loving life'?

(When the subject is this vague, I just haven't a clue where to start.)

3. danster Forum Addict

Sounds like you need more lovin in your life. Maybe you should give Swiss Tony a call. ;)

[​IMG]

"You know, taking a great photograph is very much like making love to a beautiful woman" :lol:

4. WillG

WillG Forum Member

Going camping is very much like making love to a beautiful woman, you unzip the door, put up your pole, and slip into the bag. :lol:

How about people doing things they love doing, be it extreme or mundane. :thumbup:

5. stella

stella Forum Junkie

lol - my technical skills are passable, but my imagination is definitely lacking!

I often wonder how the judges of the 'open' competitions manage to select winners - how can you compare, say, a beautiful landscape with a brilliant action shot, or a lovely portrait?

I'm first and foremost a portrait photographer and despite these not being the most popular subjects, have managed to win (or score highly) a few competitions. But I think portraits are 'record' shots with just a little imagination required. Probably I should just try harder (like it used to say on my school reports! :lol:)

Do others struggle to interpret the subject? Or is it just me?

6. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Im struggling with this one too. There is so much you could photograph that would come under the heading.

What is everyone else thinking?

7. Mifkif New Member

I too am struggling with this one. Had a couple of ideas, but none of which have come to fruition.

Might just go for one of them and see how it fairs up, not really the winning spirit though, lol

Matt

8. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I get the gist of it, but struggling to make any ideas jump out...

9. Collie Forum Junkie

this is the first one i entered because for me this one was easy the last soooo many i have run out of time/no ideas i thought were good enough.

10. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Bump for entries. Have got a few already!

Any one else?