auto driver pedal box

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by kampervan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. kampervan New Member

can anyone tell me best pedal box to use. have a late golf driver and converting using a 2000 audi a3 1.8t aum. do the pedals from audi a3 work or do I look for early Passat pedals

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it depends what you want to do about the clutch, if you go for SEAT mech clutch conversion then you need a bog std mk2 manual pedal box, then adapt a bracket for your accellerator pedal. SEAT conversion as per:
    http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?107068

if you wanted hydro clutch then some have used MK4 type clutch pedal, I assume the a3 is same. the brake pedal may also go while you're under there? alternatively the corrado/passat pedal box with same deal above for accellerator pedal

3. kampervan New Member

thanks. going hydrolic so will try using a3 pedals

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

cool, one thing the a3 will have a ball pin on the servo and mk2 servo has a clevis pin. a mk3 servo will swap and has a ball pin so may make it a bit easier to use the a3 brake pedal, if the a3 servo doesnt go :)

5. kampervan New Member

can't see how brake pedal will fit as bracket from a3 will sit pedal way too low. as was an auto can't use mk2 pedal. so looks like a search for early 90s passat