AVO Coilovers Gas or Oil Filled?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Pike, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Pike Forum Member

Hi all,
    I've got the chance of getting my hands on a set of 2nd hand AVO's, I don't know how many miles are on them or what sort of state they are in yet, but if they are oil filled my intention is to have and recondition them. I haven't got the tools or knowledge to even consider rebuilding a gas shocker!

Thanks
    Edited by: Pike

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Avo will recondition them for you for a price, not many people on here run avos though, they didn`t used to be very reliable...

3. Admin Guest

need rebuilding quite alot, apparently

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Avo are cheap for re-builds, its jus a pain in the ass when they do need it.

They are oil filled, and you cant do it yourself.

5. Pike Forum Member

Thanls for the advice everyone, much apreciated.

Just to bring you up to date (if your interested) I gave the chap 75 for the set of shocks and springs as they were in a reasonable conditon, I got the impression that he didn't realise what he was selling. We used to use AVO's on our F2 stockcar a few years back and we used to go through them quite quickly (mostly blown valves) and what you guys have told me backs up my reservations about fitting them but for 75 and a recon I don't think I can go too wrong.
    When we had the F2 I made a tool to take the top off the shocker body and a friend from Koni used to give me the oil to refill them, I just hope I can remember how to do it!!!