AWG ecu pin out

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by ELVIS, Oct 8, 2023.

1. ELVIS Forum Member

Looked everywhere on the internet. Twice.

Any one have a pinout for mk4 golf 2.0 98-02 ish. AWG engine code?
    Thanks

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

@rubjonny has access to elsawin so maybe able to help.

3. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

AWG is an odd beast, Mk4 with a Distributor, which looks largely mk3 based.. i was looking for info also, so follow with interest

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

AWG is a MK3.5 cabrio rather than a MK4, I've just popped it in my google docs link in my signature '1e7awgecu.pdf'

ELVIS and GVK like this.
  5. ELVIS Forum Member

Cheers chap. That’s brilliant.
    Quick Q if I may……

pin 4 from ECU. That’s a cranking signal and not switched earth? (Just want to double check as relay is earthed and MOT is cranking signal terminal as I read it)

Secondly I have a white 1.5mm cable coming from pin 64 of ECU and have been through every diagram twice and can’t see it. Ideas?

Attached Files:

6. rubjonny

Pin 4 is earth trigger for the fuel relay, it's only earthed while cranking though so I guess that's still accurate :)

I'll look around Elsa some more when I get chance see if I can find reference to pin 64. If it's not shown in that diagram though I doubt it's that important.

If I had to make a guess I'd say possibly a/c related as you sometimes see a white wire on MK4 golf diesel engines going to the fan control unit

7. ELVIS Forum Member

As ever you’re a legend and a font of knowledge.
    I see the relay is already earthed via 31. Could I run pin 4 to the solenoid on the back of the starter?

On an AGG I run the cranking signal to starter solenoid (red/green T68 pin 32) and switched earth for fuel pump (yellow/blue T68 pin 31) to the relay.

As I understand the above diagram the AWG doesn’t have a switched earth from the ecu.

Would I be correct in saying if I use a standard four pin 167 relay I would earth to ground via the 2.8mm pin and run the yellow/blue from T80/4 to the starter so it got the cranking signal from there?
    Obvs not fitting in standard format and this wire is bugging me as to whether it’s a switched earth I run to relay or needs to see 12v live from starter.

8. rubjonny

32 on an agg is starter cranking live, the reason the awg fuel relay uses a fixed earth to pin 31 is it's a more fancy relay than the earlier cars use with various other functions like door open prime etc.

If you're using a 167 relay you need to run ECU pin 4 to the earth pin then job done

The awg ECU doesn't need a starter cranking live so no need to worry about that

ELVIS likes this.
  9. ELVIS Forum Member

You’re the bestest. Ever. Fact.

rubjonny likes this.