BAM engine, where do these pipes go? MK2 Golf Conversion.

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Todd Motto, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Todd Motto Forum Member

I have been replacing some pipes on the BAM engine project, but the engine came without most hoses. As the engine is now in a MK2 Golf, I’m at a loss as to what pipes I need to keep and what ones to lose (if any).

Attached Files:

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The top circle in your first picture is for the heater matrix one of anywyas

3. Todd Motto Forum Member

Currently I have this (attached photo). This is what previous car owner did so I’m not surprised if it is wrong. So the two vertical pipes are both to the heater matrix? That makes it more confusing now [:D] thank you though.

Attached Files:

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I’d remove all the hoses and start a fresh. You don’t need many, 2 from the rad to the block, one from the coolant tank. You’ll have a couple of thin ones that tie in with the coolant rank for the turbo and then the 2 for the heater matrix

5. Todd Motto Forum Member

Gotcha that’s good to know. Thank you. I don’t suppose you have any photos of what you’ve done before or perhaps a diagram that can help me? I’ve searched for days and days for photos, diagrams but they are all the bigger picture and confusing - this is my first conversion project and the plumbing is a little over my head at the moment… :-)

6. Todd Motto Forum Member

Update: found this picture online (red lines drawn on it, compared to mine). Does this look more correct?

Attached Files: