BAM Injectors in AGU Inlet Manifold.

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Vento Mike, May 30, 2008.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Is this possible just by replacing the injector inserts using the AGU fuel rail, i've fitted the BAM injectors to the AGU rail but seems like the mouning points for fixing the fuel rail to the manifold contact long before the injectors will ever seat correctly.

2. Rallye_Will Forum Member

3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

toyotec told me how to do it sorry my mind is blank pm him

4. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Those spacers would bring the rail further away tho i'm sure, need to bring it closer *i think!*

5. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Looking at it, think I need to change the injector seats for the tt/s3 ones and get my mate to make me up some aluminium tubes that are the same shape as the fuel rail/injector to extend the length...creating a slightly longer feed to the top of the injector, can't see any other way round it other than to modify the fuel rail. Was suprised it wasn't a direct fit!

6. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

And another small update for this one too, bought S3/TT injector inserts for my AGU manifold to find they don't fit....more work on this one required to fit the S3/TT injectors in that manifold. ****er!

7. HidRo Forum Member

Well, I've done this. I modded the injector seats but sanding a little on both sides (inside the injector cup) so that the injector could reach deeper.
    The rail was modded (extra holes, and a little bent) so that it could be used.

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Nice one mate, thanks for the info. So you used the standard inserts. Cool.

9. steved Forum Member

Why not buy the correct injectors from Jabba or Genisis

10. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Thought it was going to be a simple case of slotting the S3 injectors into the S3 injector inserts in an agu manifold? Budget? Already had the S3 injectors?!!

11. If the injectors are EV6 then they will fit if you chop down the fuel rail mounting posts on the AGU inlet manifold.

If they are EV12 injectors (found on some TTs) then they won't fit.

[​IMG]

12. AGU posts cut down:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. jaswan Forum Member

iv just done what harry the cake has said to get my aum fuel rail to fit the agu manifold

Jason.

14. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Oh I see, yeah they are EV6's so i'll do what you peeps have done.

Thank you[:D]

15. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Bit of a thread resurection.

I too am having injector nighmares....

Have a set of EV6 injectors, and two inlet manifolds 1 APP and 1 AUQ.

Does anyone if the injectores will fit??

16. bens_cab Forum Junkie

im now having this issue

ive got an agu with standard injectors and the new injectors are shorter so guess ill be cutting the posts down to get them fitted is this right they look like ev6 injectors
    [​IMG]

17. bens_cab Forum Junkie

just pulled my injectors out the new ones fit in the fuel rail but dont fit into the inlet inserts? how do i get around this then

18. bens_cab Forum Junkie

right as i have nothing to lose on this ive been a bit aggresive with the injectors the new ones are alot shorter and catch on the insert so with this in mind ive shaved a bit of the injector pic below
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so what ive got now is an injector which fits inside the insert lol im guessing i need to shorten the fuel rail bolting post to get the right seal as if i get it wrong the injectors might not seal
    pic of injector in head slots in nicely and you can feel the resistance of the rubber o ring when you pull it out question is will it seal
    [​IMG]

19. bens_cab Forum Junkie

right now i have all 4 injectors sitting in the inlet nice and snug well same as the ones heres the next issue

[​IMG]

and the next issues how much do i cut of the posts? im thinking it has to be spot on or the fuel rail and injectors wont seal in i cut the posts wrong?
    [​IMG]

20. bens_cab Forum Junkie

right i reckon i need to cut 11.5 mm of the brackets to get the fuel rail low enough for the injectors to seat into the rail itself then weld the bracket back on onec the rail has been through the dishwasher a few times

what do people think

fuel rail in the dishwasher to give it a clean before i cut and weld it lol

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010