BAMd Octavia next steps

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Robin Marriott, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Robin Marriott Forum Member

I have an Octavia with a BAM engine (with K04), badger5 TIP, eBay FMIC, Deatsch DW65 fuel pump and a custom 2.5” exhaust from the (TT) cats back, which was mapped by rtech, it made 246bhp and 272lbft before it had the FMIC and fuel pump, and it was noted it needed both... I’m hoping to get it back to them in the next month or so to see what it makes now with those bits sorted.

I’m sure this has been done to death but what’s next? I’d quite like it to look outwardly ‘standard’ so don’t want a tubular manifold but say I wanted 320-350bhp and whatever torque that would be, what do I need?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Rtech can surely advise.

3. Robin Marriott Forum Member

Well yes, they’re very busy though and I didn’t want to bombard them with emails before seeing them with the car.

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

They get paid to map the cars, so will know what needs doing to meet your expectations.

What next?

That is a question you should be telling us, after your car has been to the tuner following fitment of the fuel pump and FMIC, and comes out feeling hopefully faster.