BASE jumping from a recent trip

Discussion in 'Non-car related videos' started by Admin, May 10, 2011.

1. jon4h New Member

Heartbeat (Chase & Status We Just bought a guitar mix) :thumbup:

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

3. steve r

steve r Forum Member

Amazing video, I've done a few tandem skydives and loved it, looked into courses but didn't actually book anything. I organised a stag do last weekend where we went to Bedford bodyflight, I was flying un aided on my first go and moving round the tunnel on my second so I think I'm going to book a course of lessons there and see how it goes.....

Where do you do your skydiving Jon?

4. Admin Guest

Did mine in California and when i have some money to burn it will be at Sibson near Peterborough.

5. retrowhore Forum Member

I've done parachuting, bungee and base. New Mexico, Italy and France were favourites for base.

My best jumps were at the Cave of Swallows and Gouffre d'Padirac but sadly in '94 I had a chute incident at Padirac and had to have both knees rebuilt, titanium pins and plastic (nylon) kneecaps. The Med-evac was fun but the surgery/recovery wsn't [:s]

I don't regret a moment and would love to go back but I think the wife would divorce me. I do get out freeclimbing once in a while but life has changed so time is limited.

Mind you I do enjoy mixed martial arts and sword fighting (live blades) twice a week [8D].

As for adrenalin, I am sure there are medical links. I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2005 after a long time not knowing why I was always 'up' and reckless.

Here is one of the Cave of Swallows you might like a look at. Great place - it had its own 'vibe' and I feel special to have jumped it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhd0ih_cave-base-jump-cave-of-swallows_sport

6. Admin Guest

On Daybreak this morning.

7. 16valver Forum Member

Watched this vid quite a few times now. It is just so nuts. Love it.

I have done a tandem freefall jump and loved that but dont think I would jump on my own and have the responsibility of packing the shute myself etc.

The other thing is if you get to complacent at it that would be when it would all end in tears.

So glad that there are people out there who are mad enough to do this though :clap: