BBS RM Colour

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by Mk7Rob, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Just bought a set of BBS rm's but can't decide on the look that i want. My car is a bright blue metallic mk2 gti so thought about blue centres, carbon & gold bbs badge with either s/s or gold bolts but would this look over the top? - i would appreciate if someone had any images of bbs rm's with a similar finish. Cheers

2. beetie

beetie Forum Member

toyotec on here just had some done this colour to match his monza blue mk2.

3. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers Beetie i'll take a look.

4. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

If you're using it in all weathers i can't recommend stainless bolts (and dishes) highly enough. Not far off fit and forget products though sadly the cleaning doesn't become any less fiddly.

As for colour, have a look on e38 in the mk2 section-hundreds of mk2's in there. If you can use Photoshop or know a man who can, then just find a BBM and mess about with wheel colours

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

My tame Monza Blue with RMs, barrels colour coded in LD5Y. Dishes are polised ally, with gold bolts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My tame racing driver keeping them clean [:D].

[​IMG]

Main thing with Ally dishes is to keep moisture and brake dust at bay. There is a wax that I apply to the wheels to reduce this effect.

6. beetie

beetie Forum Member

7. skoda4x4 Forum Member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  8. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers all for the info - i've decided on 2" s/s dishes and bolts with silver centres but with the carbon and gold badge. Whats best for the centres paint or getting them powder coated? - heard today to stay away from powder coating them as it affects the alloy, apparently weakens them due to the temperature of the ovens.
    Toyotec - your wheels look fantastic but in bright blue metallic i'm thinking its a bit too much.
    Any idea how much it will cost for the Schmidt s/s dishes & bolts?

9. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

try
    http://cgi.ebay.de/BBS-Radinox-Felgenbetten-Aussenringe-2-0-x-15-Neu-/290460145405?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Auto_Felgen&hash=item43a0c616fd

and
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Edelstahlschrauben-2-teilige-Felgen-M7-x-24-/300448375913?pt=Auto_Felgen

I've dealt with felgenfuchs a couple of times now and they've been great. A lot of others have also had good experiences with them.

Don't be put off by the fact they're german, they speak pretty good english and are happy to post. Compared to the dishes from 'tunershop' on UK ebay they're considerably cheaper too.

Still, i'd always recommend doing your own research first just so you're happy with whatever route you take :thumbup:

10. beetie

beetie Forum Member

11. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers - now just need to save like crazy. Alot cheaper on German ebay, will defo get from there. Just informed the wife - hint, hint Christmas .

12. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Just bought another set of RM's off ebay with a 2" lip and sprayed in BBM. Can't wait for them to arrive - here is a few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes i changed my mind back to the BBM centres after seeing these. Toyotec, what is the wax you use on your rims?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  13. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

Fitted one of the wheels on the car today, it looks really fat with the standard arches. Would these catch (8x15) up front?

The G60 brakes i have are painted Red, would this look too much with blue wheels??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

the only way to be sure is to try it out though at that height you should get away with just mild trimming

As for the red, well, its down to taste but i reckon it would tie in nicely with the red gti details already on the car-if you don't like it then its not too difficult to change later on though.

15. Mk7Rob Paid Member Paid Member

May go a bit lower will see how it rides first and how much needs trimming. I've got some G60 side blanks to replace the gti badges and some wolfburg badges to replace the indicators, should have mentioned this earlier but i suppose its just trial and error and personnel taste.

Have you any pics of your motor beaniegti as it looks a very tidy machine.

16. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

Cheers Rob, its no minter but its not bad. I might put up a thread for it one day but i'm saving that for a rainy weekend when the thing is a little more 'finished'!

Yours looks good too, will be nice to see it with the wheels on. Always fancied a bright blue mk2, it was just a shame they never did 16v's from the factory. God knows why as its one of my favourite colours

17. Andy P Forum Member

Looks good. Ive got 195/50s on my 8s at the minute on a 40mm drop and it rubs like mad. I will be fitting 45s soon so hopefully that will sort it. But then i aim to go lower, so trimming will be needed.