Beetle Cross flow head

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Setone, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Setone Forum Member

Any1 running one of these on a 2.0 engine with carbs, what type of power do they make? Also what price am i looking at in doing this?

2. VR6Will Forum Member

i had one, but with throttle bodies, not much of a /bhp return im afraid

3. Phil. Forum Junkie

Do the new style X-flow heads fit straight onto say a 2E block Will?

4. VRSteve Forum Member

will helped me with this and i have 1 of these ready to go to man in the shed. checked and it goes straight on a 2e block, APK is the best to get.

paid 75 for the head, paying 600 for port polish big valves, double valve springs etc and after that you get into management etc and you can spend as much as you want!!!

im keeping my induction a little secret at the mo tho ;) :lol:

5. Phil. Forum Junkie

I'm thinking about 18mths down the line Steve i'll want something a bit more powerfull than a 2.0 8v and seeing as I'm buying a minter Mk2 to put the engine in I'd rather not sell it and look to turbo it instead.

Anyway, back to you original question Setone. Power will be determined by what spec you building it to which is dictated by what you intend to do with the car ie TB's or turbo?

A recent Golf+ has a green mk2 with 2E block on x-flow head Jenvey's and DTA management with 194bhp just to give you an idea of what is possible.

You might want to drop G60Gerry a PM with some questions, iirc he has an X-flow running a turbo with 260ish bhp.