best corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by Ditchyboy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Ditchyboy Forum Member

So i love the sound of the vr6 but with running costs and buying costs i am not too sure and the G60 scares me a bit as i have heard about expensive charger rebuilds so what are the opinions of the 1.8 and 2.0?
    From what i have read the 2l 16v is a 9a engine which is basically an ABF if i am correct?
    what are the pros and cons of the 1.8 and 2.0's? I know these are easier and cheaper to find than the other 2 and i am after the looks as much as anything. The power of the 2l is appealing enough as i dont need anything silly fast just something with some go plus i like the idea of adding throttle bodies down the line.
    what do throttle bodies do for mpg and performance?
    thanks

2. james153 New Member

Yeah the bigger 2 can be expensive when it comes to running, the 2.0L isn't slow, so its a nice compromise. yeah the ABF is a slight evolution of the 9a, the 9a has mechanical injection whereas the ABF is digital. Its no problem as long as its set up correctly. the 1.8 is widely held as better, however in my experience theyre pretty pants, the warm up systems are far more complicated and the fuelling system is less advanced and far less adaptable.

So ultimately of the 2 naturally aspirated 4 pots i'd go for the 2.0L. Throttle bodies don't actually do much for performance, will hinder MPG somewhat, not sure by how much, but the noise is sensational.

Hope this helps