Best turbo upgrade for mk4 gti

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by ProGolfer, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mook

Mook Forum Member

With a decent cat (i.e. Milltek) and a proper remap from someone who knows what they're doing, then yes, on a tuned 1.8T. I had two tuned - one gained 19 on the dyno and one gained 21.

I run a Mk2 toy now, so don't have to worry about cats on tuned cars any more :p

2. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

indeed, i got 18bhp from a high flow apr pipe after the remap. They work particularly well on remapped 1.8Ts.
    progolfer - id advise the KO3s route. relatively cheap and once remapped - pretty swift.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  3. ProGolfer New Member

yea i think the ko3s is the way for me. being a family man cant really aford to get into big bhp.. so 220 would be great, much better than standard 150. So all you fellow members please keep ya eyes open for good prices ont he parts i require.
    very much apprecated. this website has beenvery inforative to me.

Dave

4. ProGolfer New Member

Do does a performance cat pipe not danger mots?

5. ProGolfer New Member

what year s3 would i need for injectors and fuelrail?

6. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

why do you need injectors for k03s?

7. jedi_stylie Forum Member

Custom Code are still offering 30% off their Remaps!
    I got 220.9Bhp from my AUM (KO3s) with a stage1 CC remap, only 312, happy days!

Might be worth considering a brake upgrade at the same time too. easiest option is to get some brake carriers off a 4mo, Anniversary, TT etc, that way you can fit 312mm disks and pads (using your existing calipers) easy and worth it, especially if you get performance disks and pads.

Luke

8. ProGolfer New Member

what year car do i get the fuel rail from?
    for the ko3s upgrade stuff?

9. turbotommy Forum Member

10. ProGolfer New Member

so what exactly do i need? there seem to be mxedreviews on this

11. GolfTurboInnovation New Member

Have you done the basic, simple mods for more power? Cheapest and best ways are to concentrate on getting the cold dense air form the outside, in. Induction, pipework and intercooler. People say cone's are bad but its not that simple.

For example, I built a 2jzgt-e supra a few years back and did a bit of testing on it (when I could afford to do such things). The cone filters dropped a few bhp over most of rev range apart from top (+2hp or so). I then decided to build a whole, front-end ducting system (what I like to call the "Dog Collar System" for it to channel cold air to the filters and not disipitate away, gain 28hp@ peak and at least 17hp throughout the rev range (heavily tuned, not standard TT, 2 days apart but almost identical conditions).

The main problem when making one is people leave small gaps sometimes, when air hits the filter it flies off to the side and out the gaps as there is little/no resistance. If you have a tube/vent/duct whatever, that is solid and leads to the filter and has no gaps, then the air has nowhwere to go but force itself into the filter. Too much resistance from incoming air and solid metal, no gaps....into the cone lads,pile in!
    This is just one simple mod that helps and costs very little.

Of course the ko3s is a simple solution but where's the fun in that? :thumbup:

12. ProGolfer New Member

still no reply on exatly wat i need for the k03s setup :(

13. badger5

k03s and map to suit..

14. ProGolfer New Member

15. G-Man Forum Junkie

Can you run a Ko3s turbo on a 1.8T that has a generic remap for the Ko3? Or will I need a whole new map (or phase 2) to get the most of the Ko3s?

Sorry to high jack :)

16. badger5

ideally a map to suit, but depends on what map is on there and if the requested boost is not being held by the k03 now, as the k03s will hold boost higher up the rev range.
    if yours is revo stage 1 then the software is adjustable to a degree also.

what software is on yours?
    do you have ability to log with vag-com?

17. M7JNU New Member