best way to cut up shell for disposal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by G60KG, Jan 30, 2010.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

phone around, some places will take it away for free.

one day I was breaking a 16v for spares, the bloke phoned up someone to collect. about an hour later someone pops head round and asks if we're getting rid of the shell, we say yes and help them drop it onto the lorry (it had a crane, this shell wasnt rolling either) they takes it away for free.

then half an hour later the guy we actually phoned turns up, turns out the first lot were just passing! how random is that :lol:

2. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I filled out an online form and got a call back within minutes. Problem was that company did not have a hiab so will continue looking but it is looking more promising than before.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

could you not chuck on your old subby n wishbones to make it a rolling shell?

4. italian job Forum Member

I had this problem recently after i broke a Seat Ibiza,it wasn't a rolling shell so i built a simple bogie so it was moveable and rolled it out of my garage and down the drive so it could be picked up for free by someone who advertised in the local paper as removing scrap cars.
    They didn't have a hi ab but winched the thing backwards up some dodgy ramps onto the back of a seven and a half tonner.I didn't wan't the mess or noise involved with cutting the shell up personally,plus my neighbours already think i am mad:lol:

5. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Im selling the wishbones etc...