best way to make my car faster....

Discussion in 'Engines' started by joebensted, Jun 3, 2007.

1. joebensted New Member

i find leaning right over my steering wheel helps me massively at achieving my intended speed, but truthfully after the crash i saw last night, in bristol, ( even thought it was a bike) i've calm down a little bit for a while...

p.s thanks for the link www.simplication.com it is truely helpful and i will recommend it in the future, i have 14kg of lightness one the way too... so thanks

2. thegolfman Forum Member

Who was that with mate? The cheapest i could find was 1200 on my valver, tpft. And im also 20.

3. ripskin Forum Member

Igot insured on my mk2 8v gti when i was about ur age roughy 5 yrs ago on my old lady's insurance as a named driver and it still cost me 1800, it depends where u live and all the other variables, you will always get mixed opinions. If you have looked everywhere and cant afford it then stick with your 1.3. and as others have said;

Take some weight off!
    Dont get big wheels as it will make ur acceleration even slower, get some small dia wide ones.
    lower it for better handling, a half decent lowering kit will only set u back 150 ish.
    Take more weight off!
    Carb setup (definatly get this done, if its out, which it will be, you will feel a better car afterwards.)
    Use high octane fuel, it does make a difference. mabe small but it does.

4. FEN

fen Forum Member

hey im 17 and just got a quote on my helious blue campaign for 700 my first quote was 7 grand haha i just asked my bro if i could put him as the main driver so yea if you want cheap insurance an gti performance get someone older than you insured on your car as the main driver simple hahaha allthough i havent got any insurance on my other 2 vws :s

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Dont bother trying to make a 1.3 quicker. Keep it clean and tidy so you can make your money back on it when you sell it. Plus, not many people want a tuned up/kitted up 1.3 because it just says "boy racer" and "abused" all over it, even if thats not the case.

If you spend loads and loads of money on it for very little gain you will kick yourself in a couple of years time when you could be using that money on a GTI.

I'm 21, no no-claims as I just lost them with pass plus and a license for 4 years.

mk2 16v - would of cost 1075 fully comp for another year (being put into garage instead)

mk2 8v - tpf&t - 600. :lol: - happy days

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  6. 8vGtiMk2

8vGtiMk2 Forum Member