Best way to set Bass at sub with out effecting fronts

Discussion in 'ICE' started by dave18, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dave18 Forum Member

Hey peeps well ive ditched the other amp and got a new one which is running of my my amp, now this using the rear speaker connections, Ive been playing about but would like some advice, What would be the best way to set the bass with out turning up the bass at the front too much as at the moment i am turning the bass up and down via the head unit which does all the speakers thus the bass.

Would i just wind down the bass on the amp for the front ?????

2. neil kaye Forum Junkie

im going to suggest this based on standard speakers with a sub woofer in the boot,as more info need ed here mate,ok run the standard car speakers from the head unit,so you can control how much bass goes into them,then use the sub through the amp and control the sub bass via the amp settings

other than that you need to tell us what speakers ,amp/s and head unit and pre outs you have

3. dave18 Forum Member

lol sorry,

The set up is a SWAT 5 head unit, running a Infinity 4ch Amp in the boot, Then the fronts go into x-overs and thus tweeters and speakers.

I am using the rear speaker part for the SUB.

I will try and get pics laters

4. neil kaye Forum Junkie

# Powerful on-board amplifier delivers 4x50W of power to your speakers
    # RCA preouts - connect up to 3 amplifiers

these are 2 of its features so you could set it up as i said earlier,using the 50w per channel to feed speakers,( fronts wired to input side of x over)
    then filter the amp for the sub

if the x overs were working right/wired right you wouldnt get bass in the fronts ,should be just mid range and trebble,unless you only have 2 way x over

put all the info up,inc make of x over and their frequencies ,also the amps features