Big Blue Mk5 GT TDI

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by RallyeVR6, May 24, 2012.

1. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Some of you may know I have had my Mk2 VR6 now for about 4 years. Originally built for fun on track days and at the 'Ring and affectionately got the name Big Red. Build Thread for that car is Here

Well for the last year or so it has stopped being my track car and became my daily driver getting me too and from work. However, being a VR6 with shortened gears and my tendency to have a heavy foot on nice sunny days it was costing an arm and a leg each week.

So I went on the search for a new work horse. And here she is, my new Blue Mk5 Golf GT TDI:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As it is my main daily driver dont expect much in the way of change. No big wheels and slamming it - as you can see it has 5 doors so its my growing up and being sensible car.

Also +1 for Climate control on the hottest day of the year. So, Much, Win.

I do think however that it would look even more lovely with a Mk5 GTI front end and some other GTI styling sprinkled upon it. Like wheels and that. So maybe a few bits of subtle modding to come :thumbup:

More pics to come when its not about to get dark :thumbup:

Nice to have a blue car again after This One never was finished by myself and was sold on to my mate Rigs.

Last edited: May 24, 2012