Big bumper fog lights

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Matthew Walker, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Matthew Walker New Member

Hi all

When I bought my mk2 16v big bumper it never had fog lights fitted. I looked at fitting a pair yesterday and the lights seem set back I was expecting them to be flush with the bumper and not have a gap around them is this normal?

Any pictures of your is appreciated

TIA

2. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Might not've visualized what you're saying correctly, but if I have... yes the lenses do sit slightly back from the plastic cover creating a gap.

The whole units bracket attaches to / is soley secured by the metal inner of the bumper and the plastic bumper skin plays no part.

It's quite an approximate fit, likely varies from car to car and how the various bits've been put together.

Matthew Walker likes this.
  3. Matthew Walker New Member

Hi Zender Z20

Thank you that answered my question. Don’t know why I was expecting them to fit flush but glad a checked first.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

A bit of an exaggerated angle in one of those pics. to give you an idea, doesn't stand out so much from the straight ahead...

IMG20220917142647.jpg IMG20220917142654.jpg

saladman and Matthew Walker like this.
  5. stephen stanyer Forum Member

My car is the same as the pictures

6. Matthew Walker New Member

Thanks for this I really appreciate it. This is how mine look glad I know there right now.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

7. Matthew Walker New Member

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

8. saladman

saladman Paid Member Paid Member

Mine is the same too and I had assumed it was broken. The front bumper is held on with shoe laces after all! Good to know that it's normalish - but would still prefer them to be flush!

Thanks for the info + photos

9. davidut5 Forum Member

I blame the aftermarket supports that came with them on mine. Had aftermarket bumpers, what a pain to fit them(foglights). Now with oe vw bumper same fit, i mean they were ok when fitted, but when i adjusted them to lower the light pattern a big gap was left.
    Could be the oe like, that have the adjusting screw inside can be adjusted without having to bend the support.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022