big tool boxes

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Matt82, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Who here has gone through the expense of getting one? I recently decided I needed one in my life and used a birthday as an excuse to splash out a bit

After having a feel of different brands in different shops I decided 7 drawers was a must which narrowed down the options a bit. I did really like the feel of this one though

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-cbb217b-7-drawer-tool-cabinet

Yet to be assembled as I only picked it up yesterday. My existing chest can live on top and all the other boxes of tools and sets can hopefully fit inside. Amazingly it weighs over 50kg when empty so moving it when laden should be fun

Part of me is wondering if I should have bought used and got something bigger but worst case I can just add a bigger chest on top

[​IMG]

2. vrbanana Forum Junkie

extended mine but I still need an end locker

[​IMG]

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Nugget Yellow too!! ;)

I have a 3 drawer and lower swing door cabinet toolbox. Its well over 10 years old, but its a good brand. I cant remember now.

4. vrbanana Forum Junkie

It's got to be yellow for me, only reason I bought the Corrado

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

how long have you been back banana and how the hell are you doing?

6. vrbanana Forum Junkie

I'm very well thankyou, took a wrong turn and found myself here, for how long who knows.
    Hope you're ok and still tinkering

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

not doing bad. not spending much time on here nowadays but still definitely tinkering, this time on an old BMW which is turning into a restoration

how did you get on with your twin engine job, did it ever resume again?

8. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Daz - I have tool envy.

9. vrbanana Forum Junkie

hope it's about the tool box [:s]

got some tool stuff to put up that may be of help on here, just need to find time

10. Raider Forum Member

Anyone got the Halfords Industrial stuff?.. Does it last? Theyre doing the 6 drawer cabinet for 349 and you get the Industrial 6 drawer chest for free... Usual price 259.

Also doing the 5 drawer Professional Cabinet for 249 and get the Pro 7 drawer chest for free..

Not sure how these prices compare wiith the usual Halfords prices when the regular offers appear...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  11. Ecurie Ecosse Forum Member

My friend has a big tool box - not quite as big as the yellow one mind.

[​IMG]

12. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I spent a couple of hundred last year on the Halfords professional deal, 5 big draws on the bottom and 7 varying size ones on the top one, quality is good enough for weekend use but won't last a life time. I found it was pretty easy to fill all the draws quickly unless you have really good storage system inside the draws like socket holders and spanner trays.

13. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Matt;

I've been eyeing up that Clarke HD roll-cab (but in black/gold). Went to my local Machine Mart and it feels pretty solid, much better than the equivalent Sealey unit (don't be fooled by those cabinet-full-of-tools-deals either...cabinets are of shocking quality!)

Anyhoo, the Clarke one in that size with matching top-box is pretty good value, and if you need extra later there's a add-on section you can get separately (though I'm trying to convince the missus to let me get the full size one straight off!)

14. Ecurie Ecosse Forum Member

If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly!