Bits and bobs from the scrappy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by .:Fordy:., Oct 25, 2003.

1. .:Fordy:. Forum Member

Righty righty. Was down the scrappy yesterday with my mate. While he was looking for a door for his metro i spotted a quite tidy jetta. Apart from a bit of back end damagded and smashed windows most other bits were in quite tidy condition. As the seats in my golf are pretty flat and these ones are quite racey i was thinking of getting them. They could do with a clean up and there looks like some padding is missing but it looks easily repaired. They wanted 15 each for them. Wot ya recon? Also the front lights were in good nick and wanted 30 for them. Also the engine was in good condition, 1.8 16v. He said how much would you pay for it but i said imnot interested at the mo. Wot would be a good price you recon?

2. alanbe2 Paid Member Paid Member

I'd say the seats are okay at 15 each if they just need a good scrub. It's easy enough dismantling the fabric and popping it in the washing machine.

Lights for 30, sounds about the norm for what I've paid for lights on any car. As long as they're in good nick, no rust on the reflectors, glass tidy, go for it.

Engine? Depends on what they'd offer as a guarantee. Depends what the car's been scrapped for too. But I'd try 50 and see what they say - they can only turn around and say, "No" ;)

Al

3. madmonkey Forum Addict

If you get them make sure you get the slam panel for that price.

4. .:Fordy:. Forum Member

Slam pannel beign the bit of metal along the bottom underneath the lights yey? If i get the lights i was thinking of debadging it myselg using my orig grill. How hard is this? Would you recomend it?

5. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

see if you can get the fuel pump as well, bit of a b*tch to get, but handy to have, i sold one the other day for 80

6. madmonkey Forum Addict

Nah, it's the thing that the bonnet closes down on, it's different to a normal golf one, only held on with about 9 bolts. Very easy.

7. JEZ

Jez Forum Member

I managed to get a slam panel with both headlamps, front cross member, starter with bracket, indicators, front lower panel, digifart ecu and a few odds n sods for 40 the other week :)

Also got a bonnet for 15 along with a front spoiler [:^:]