BKC 1.9 TDi 8v Engine - Fitment/Info?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by FatBoy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. FatBoy New Member

Well I was just wondering about this engine really. I dont know much about the diesels so not sure whats what in terms of fitting to other cars compared to petrol conversions.

I have a mk3 1.8GL Spi and it's pretty tired and the clutch will be needing to be changed soon and seen as I can pick up one of the 1.9tdi lumps pretty cheaply I thought it could be a bit of a laugh...

My questions would be; they are made for Caddy's/Touran's/ Golf's so would that mean that they would mount up in the mk3 same as most blocks?

Another for you would be; regarding the ECU et al, would they need lots of faffing and decoding to get them to run? Not sure how these modern diesel engines work really.

That's about it for now! If anyone knows anything about this sort of convo would love to pick their brains. It's only as I could pick something up cheap and while I'm doing the clutch I could whack this in :p As long as the wiring isn't too much of a chore it would be a giggle