Black MK2 Golf Oulton Park

Discussion in 'Spotted' started by baz88icf, May 5, 2009.

1. baz88icf Forum Member

I spotted a black mk2 golf today at oulton park (British superbikes)

i noticed it had a cgti sticker ,couldnt tell you much more bout the car ,think it was on ronal turbos

anyones?

2. alonzo Forum Member

I was there in my Metalic Black Mk2 Golf GTi 16v but my Club GTi sticker is in my other car (mk1 Golf GTi) so it wasn't me this time.

3. baz88icf Forum Member

Maybe i imagined the CGTI sticker as ive seen that many MK2'S with them in lol

It was black ,Where abouts where you parked? in carpark area or kinda in the spectator area?

4. alonzo Forum Member

I was parked on the mountain by the straight after old hall bend. Normally drive around to main part but it was mad busy on Monday. Only saw one mk2 there and that was parked by the entrance, what where you in?

5. baz88icf Forum Member

it would of been you i had seen then !

I was on me bike ,but i drive MK4 Seat Ibiza TDI

im only on here coz used own a MK2 GTI and want a MK1 GTI

6. alonzo Forum Member

I'll be there again at the end of the month but unless I find a Audi Quattro TDi avant I'll be in a Black Mk1 Gti.

7. monkshood New Member

Scrap the oil burner, grab yourself the 2.8 30v quattro. Mines a 2000 avant with 170k on, it Revs like a banshee and still gives 32mpg on a steady run and they are going nothing compared to the smokers.;)

8. alonzo Forum Member

Just sold our 2.6 V6 Quattro and wanted something a little more luxurious and if poss ecconomical but newer. It won't be doing many miles as will be a little used third car in the summer then only car in the winter. I only live 1/2 mile from work so can live with just under 30mpg and don't mind high milers as long as they've been looked after so will look into a 30v.

9. monkshood New Member

One thing to check are the cat's on them they are expensive for gen item. But that said it's only ever needed service items (20k intervals) in 90k ive had it for. I could have damaged it myself as i take off road a bit fishing, they are a bit low for that. I've looked in the past to check the value of mine 1-2.5k seems the going rate for lower milers than mine,silly money for the engineering/ galvanised body. i'd look for a late run out model if you can, lots of goodies/extras.

10. baz88icf Forum Member

i want a black mk1 gti lol damn you

what event you going 2