Blacking Trim

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by OxfordGTI, Sep 28, 2006.

1. kkh120 Forum Member

Scuff Guard Rocks :)

2. gti_jayme Forum Member

whats scuff gaurd[:$]

3. lordallen Forum Member

Morrisons

I live between 2 morrisons, 2 miles to one and 2.5 miles to the other, prefer the other it's bigger and the bread is fantastic but thats another story.

Going to try that shoe scuff as I have been valeting for years and have failed to keep my bumpers looking nice.

BTW click the link below to find a morrisons in london.

London Morrison's Stores

4. mk1 valver

mk1 valver Forum Member

Blow torch method.
    Cliky
    Did this again today and looks great.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  5. .

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  6. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

im using Meguires Gold Class trim detailer, really good but in comparrison to what has been mentioned very expensive !

7. Robbie

Robbie Forum Member

..as I have mentioned on what feels like the 3 millionth time on these 'bumper black' threads - use LINSEED OIL!

8. Davster Forum Member

scotch them down a little with scotch bright and spray with gloss paint

9. thegolfman Forum Member

Doesn't the paint flake off after a while??

10. phatman_82

phatman_82 Forum Member

I go over mine with tar/glue (used for my tyres) and go back over with back to black lasts for ages and good results.

11. Matt G Forum Member

i live on the doorstep of a morrison, could walk there in 2 mins but can never be bothered!

best stuff i used for trim is meguiars trim detailer, works a treat for me.

12. Davster Forum Member

The paint shouldnt flake, just scotch the trims lightly and spray 2 light coats and it should be ok, my bros done this on a whole textured bumper on his audi and smaller trims, works really well

I wouldnt attempt it if your not really confident, or just get some scrap trim and try it

Dont forget to pre clean the trim before painting, to remove any chemicals such as silicone

Last edited: May 30, 2007