Blast from the past...

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by drew, Mar 17, 2011.

1. drew Forum Member

Folks,

There might be a very few of you who remember me from days of yore, vociferously (yet eloquently) posting in defense of standard condition mk1 Golf GTIs in the face of rampant egregious modifications and the influx of benighted pseudo Golf GTIs that appeared in the years following 1992. (Particularly 1993 until 2002)

If you do, the above sentence will probably make some kind of sense, if not all I can advise is Timeo Danaos, Et Donna Ferentes and get yourself a Thesaurus.

Despite having sold my own Golf GTI to a collector back in the summer of 2009 (and it's enjoying a pampered existance in some far off mythical land called 'Scotland'), I occasionally get overtaken with nostalgia for all things Type 17, and thus I have compiled a page on my website with Mk1 eclectia.

I'll keep adding to it over the course of time; so read, learn, inwardly digest and if you've never owned a Mk1 Golf (what the hell have you been doing with your life?), add it to the list of things you must do before you pop your mortal coil.

Thus, a nostalgic retro trip for the Mk1 Golf GTI.

Cheers, (and yes, they'll always be another 'Cheers')

Drew.

Ex-Mk1 Campaign Golf GTI Owner
    Founder : Campaign Register
    Founder : Mk1 Golf Owners' Club
    Chairman : Mk1 Golf Owners' Club (2004-2007)

2. Admin Guest

you sold the lovely red mk1? shame.

nice to see you, albeit a briief visit, don't be a stranger!

3. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Hello Drew,

Did you ever find out if it had a modified head?

4. drew Forum Member

I did, and it didn't. Rolling road was sick and the valver ahead of me in the queue was clearly sicker! :lol:

Cheers,

Drew.