Bloody clocks!!

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by coullstar, Jan 10, 2004.

1. coullstar Forum Member

Guess what, I have an 91 8v with motometer clocks on which the rev counter and MFA doent work. I have tried new clocks, changing the voltage stabiliser, removing the fuse for a while etc etc but they still dont work.

Where do they connect to the distributor or get the engine pulses?
    Is there any connections in the engine bay I could check. Its really staring to p iss me off. [:x] [:x] [:x]

2. Raider Forum Member

I had same thing when I first got my GTi. Couldnt get them to work for love nor money [xx(] Ended up with new clocks.

Few sets of clocks on ebay if I remember right. Not sure if Motometer or not.

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Is the instrument multi-plug damaged?

4. coullstar Forum Member

Dont think so. I bought a set that were also apparently working, fitted them and exactly the same is happening. Dont think its the clocks which is why I wondered about where the rev counter gets its signals from.

I am useless at the electrical side of cars.
    Edited by: coullstar

5. Drew21 Forum Member

I think the rev counter picks up its signal direct from the coil so you could clean all the LT connections on the coil and cross your fingers