Blow off Valve

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by 02SIep3, Dec 11, 2003.

1. 02SIep3 New Member

Hey guys My brother has a 337 and wants to put a B.O.V on his stock turbo is this possiable? If so which ones? VW said he cant. Anyone Help?

2. AMY

Amy Forum Member

If you run a bov with a standard ecu it doesnt cope well with the change in pressure and goes into 'safe mode' and wont rev highly (i think) :)

3. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Whats a 337??

VW turbo motors use a recirculating valve, so like 20vee_t says, no you can't without the ECU getting a tad confused.

4. MK4 GTI TURBO Forum Member

337 is what the USA call the 25th Ani (I think)

5. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Ahhh, I am learned. Cheers

6. 02SIep3 New Member

Yes it is what they call the german 25th

7. Seizure Forum Member

You can run a Dump Valve/BOV with the early 20vTs. OK, you might get a few error codes on the ECU, but these can be easily cleared using VAGCOM or the like.

The cars that suffer most at the hand of these things are the later 20vTs with Fly-by-wire and VVT. These have slightly more advanced management and have been know to go into "Limp home" mode. I believe the Anniversary has both of these.

It's all to do with the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. It meters the air going in to the engine and fuels accordingly. Problems occur when you "Dump" this air from the system after it's been measured. Fuelling has already been decided and is carried out regardless of the now absent air. So this effectively over fuels, only a tiny amounts but.... The ECU picks up on this and Limps Home. MAP sensors are what you need if you want a dump valve fitted.

8. YellowGolfTurbo Forum Member

hello all -- just signed up to all this so here goes!!!

after reading all that about the blow off valve or dump valve, i have had my golf 4 turbo for about 2 and a half years now, first came the big alloys (khan rsr 18") then came the exhaust (jettex cat back system) then the lowered springs (Pi) and then the Re-Map from revo. and a pillar mount boost gauge....inbetween was the interior and exterior neon lighting of course.. and the last edition to the car is a bailey evo dump valve and fitting kit- the fitting was nice and easy although i did have to check with myself about 50 times before cutting into the boost pipe to take the alloy t piece.... once fitted i was off everywhere brrrrm wooooosh, brrrrrrmmmmmmmm woooooooooooosssshhh, brrrrrrrmmmmm wooosssh, well you get the idea...but then not long after i noticed that the boost was no longer sitting at about 16 - 17 psi as long as it did before hand.....now i either hadn`t noticed before,-- but it was dropping down from 17 psi-ish to about 6 psi from 3000rpm up to the red-line. i have had my ecu codes checked and the only report was an intermittant temp sensor(which i knew was playing up) i havn`t got round to replacing the temp sensor yet but will keep you updated.......oh! and the car dont seem any different to drive (maybe its me yearning for more power) and apparently the dump valve is ok on agu engine code vehicles - the cable driven throttle......

9. DuBDuDe Forum Member

[:s] [xx(]

Sorry off topic!
    Edited by: DuBDuDe