Bodywork advice mk3 vento / golf

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by mrgr_18, Oct 2, 2020.

1. mrgr_18 Forum Member

Just after some advice if anyone can help. I'm rebuilding my mk3 vento (first car from 10 years ago) into a 16v and there's a few bits of bodywork needed. I have a build thread in mk3 section if anyone is interested.

The lower wings are pretty bad are the weld in replacement bits any good? Annoyingly the rest of the wings are in pretty good condition.

Does anyone know of anyone breaking a mk3 golf in dragon green which has good wings on it? I've got some saved searches on ebay.

What sort of money would it cost to put it right in a body shop. Not after an exact figure just trying to weigh up my options. It'll be getting a blow over anyway at some point just to tidy it up.

20201002_175749.jpg 20201002_175735.jpg

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

I've seen mk3 wings on euro car parts for about 43 each, not tried mk3 ones but the audi a4 and polo wings I had from them fitted extremely well, roughly paid 65 to 100 per wing for spraying, if knew someone could probably cost less.
    Repair section plus the welding is possibly similar cost wise, but personally I would get wings and put on.
    My white mk2 has a dent in the wing and front valance, I managed to get both for about 70, wing fits well, so cheaper than having the ones on car repaired.

3. mrgr_18 Forum Member

Cheers dude I just looked them up and not too offensively priced. Might be worth a shout. The sills will need a tart up too as well as a few patches underneath. Unfortunately stored at the docks longer than I intended so the elements have been unforgiving. But good to know euro still have them and the discount codes work on them

4. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Know trying different codes on euro also gives different discounts, even if its couple pounds it all helps.
    On the mk2 golf we did for Allie we got one wing from vw parts international which was cheap and fitted very well, the other was from lmc hadrian or what they trade as now and the quality was awful, bad fit and twice the price, but was only drivers side I could get in the timescale.
    Spoke to a guy last year who had a mk3 anniversary that he restored, he did say he bought pair wings but then searched for genuine ones as wasnt quite right around the headlamp or something, but his car was mint, so may have been a bit picky.
    Dont forget that there are two different types of indicator holes, square or oval, think when I was looking the pictures were wrong on euro car parts