Booked in for Revo A3 1.8T

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by golfster, May 26, 2006.

1. golfster New Member

Hi guys,
    Got my A3 booked in to be revo'd at the weekend down at mega 4 in surrey.

Anyone else got it done ?

If so what should i be expecting, also got a SPS3 off ebay.

2. Admin Guest

Hmmm, 200ish. Wont be as smooth, might be hard to manage in first.

Don't rate Revo at all.

3. bigeyd Forum Member

Revo is quality,I have not looked back since mine....only to see the other motors:lol:

4. Admin Guest

Each to their own.

Think of Revo as a technics hi fi, way better than your standard goodmans, however, people that know about hi fi wouldnt touch it.

Quality remaps seem to be coming from MRC, IP and CC at the moment...

5. G-Man Forum Junkie

I like that comparison! Have to say Revo is just the known brand, but there are so many choices and often some unrealistic power gains quoted!

In the end of the day, personally you can't beat a full re-map! [:D]

6. Seraph Banned

trouble is, you cant get a good reputation by selling crap products.
    i tend to see Revo as your everymans good ol reliable remap, where as your bespoke remap is the refined product for the conosseur.
    I think many(younger) 20vt owners are just familiar with terms like revo and superchip as bywords.Jus as they are with words like dumpvalve and 18s. Many probably aren't even aware its a generic remap, or even care!...

7. G-Man Forum Junkie

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't a revo just a generic map upload via the OBD2 port?

Or do they still replace the ECU itself?

8. Seraph Banned

^ for 400ish..!!....no chance (of hardware!)

aye, just literally the downloading of computer code on to the golf ecu eprom.
    Matter of mins work(moreORless)

9. G-Man Forum Junkie

Just seen on ebay you can get those memory flashers for 150 using the OBD2 port, but then all you need is some kind of software which I'm sure APR supply for free which allows you to change engine parimeters.

But am I right in saying despite being able to get all these fancy OBD2 flashers, their pretty useless unless you can get your hand on the generic software-which I assume is very hard or pricey! Bit off topic, but anyone use those OBD2 code readers or their laptops using the cables and software?

10. golfster New Member

Well i got revo'd and i love it!!

Running on 97ron aswell now and its totally transformed but totally well behaved aswell.

So im well pleased, go get yourself one.

11. G-Man Forum Junkie

Awesome, glad you like it!

12. Admin Guest

Glad you like it.

13. ste s3 New Member

Great to hear you like it

14. KevHl Forum Member

Interesting thread... I'm suprised at some of the comments on here!

15. N1CK Forum Junkie

custom code is where its at[8D]

16. Admin Guest

N1CK speaks the Truth.

Screw Generic rubbish like Revo, for very little more, you can have a 'proper' map.

17. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Well I know where I go for my advice [8D] [:D]

18. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Agreed [:D] ;)

19. cliveyp Forum Member

Sort of agreed!

At the end of the day, its a case of you pays your money, you takes your choice. I went for Custom Code cos of the offer at Inters. I'm glad i did as i prefer the way it drives. The Revo trial i had made the car feel faster, but thats because i found it came on boost all of a sudden at 3500-4000rpm. The CC brings it in steady, more like when stock, from 2500 upwards (well, thats where its noticeable anyway). I prefer that personally.

Also, bear in mind that the Phase 1 Custom Code is still a generic map.........

20. oak_20vt Forum Member

will be going down the custom code route on my mk2 20vt......heard nowt but good things bout 'em.....anyone using cc map on a 20vt'd mk2???