boot release switch, which car?

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by N1CK, Jun 20, 2006.

1. N1CK Forum Junkie

what vw has a boot release switch? im looking for one in the same style of the mk4 golf petrol flap release switch, so i can smooth my rear but instead of adding some cak button i thought id add an oem switch:)

2. N1CK Forum Junkie

no one knows then...i find that hard to beleive:lol:

3. Paul Forum Member

I was driving an 02 Passat yesterday and remembered you asked here which dub`s had a boot release switch, Not quite the same as MK4 petrol flap release switch but this Passat had a boot release switch in the door, the switch was the same as a MK4 golf electric window switch.

4. N1CK Forum Junkie

[:D] thanks alot mate, i spose i could make it look factory some how, possibly use a 4 door window switch pod and blank one off and use the 3rd for the door release[:D]

your a [:*:] thanks very much!

5. Paul Forum Member

No probs :)

If you plan on having an electric fuel flap release too then you could have 2 window switches and use 2 switches below, 1 boot switch and one fuel flap release switch from the passat thats next to the boot release which is the same rocker type switch, save blanking one space off :)

6. N1CK Forum Junkie

i have a mk4, so ive got the fuel cap release allready. but i spose i could move it and blank the hole.....hmmm