Bora owners?

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by Claypole, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Claypole Forum Junkie

Any Bora owners out there?

I've decided I'm not paying the silly price that Golf TDi MK4's with 100K plus go for and am looking at Bora's instead.

I've not got loads to spend (max 5K) just need a TDI to do the extra 60 miles on top of the 40 I was already doing to work everyday for the next few months.

Basically are they any good? :lol:

Silver or black etc?

Seen a couple that seem cheap for the milage ie. under 5K with 40,000 miles?

2. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Hi mate, I was in the same posistion as you, I was after a MK4 TDI but forund they were way too expensive for my 5k budget, and the only one's I could afford has over 100k on them.

Picked up a T reg 99 Bora TDI 110 SE at a dealer for 4,800 6 months ago, mint with FSH and 62k on the clock.

Had no problems so far other than the rear axle bushes are shot (common fault with MK4 platform) good excuse to upgrade to Powerflex!

Found the performance to be "adequate" but soon got used to it, so booked the car in for a Custom Code remap, it's now pushing out 150bhp and 250 lb/ft of torque and really flies now, revs all the way to the redline and never runs out of power!

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you need any more info!

3. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I persuaded my dad to buy a Bora on Christmas Eve [:D]

He was looing at a 2nd hand 130 pd TDI with 20k miles on it and had about 12k to spend.

An hour later he had signed the deal on a brand new top of the range Highline Bora with 29 miles on it for 12.8k from the VW dealer. Apparently the car was worth 18.5k.........the advantages of buying a car 2 months before the New Jetta came out ;)

4. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Sounds like a right bargain, is he happy with it?

5. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Apart from the brakes not bedding in at all properly (you could see 3 1/4 inch lines on both front disks) then yeah, he's very happy with it.

VW agree'd that it was nothing to do with my dad's driving and that the pads were probably FUBAR'd for some reason ( I suspect cos it was sat for a while on the forecourt) and replaced the disks and Pads free of charge on a Saturday morning with no quibbles, as we waited, so he was pretty happy with that service too.

He also thinks they put new code into the ECU as a flat spot he had noticed before he took it in has since vanished

6. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

Fair enough, makes a change to get good service from a VW dealer!