Bosch Distributor distributor identification

Discussion in '8-valve' started by tram-man, Feb 16, 2024.

1. tram-man New Member

Evening all, just discovered this forum and this is my first post.

I have a DS block in my '84 Audi B2 Coupe that was originally fitted with the PIerburg carb and pea-shotter exhaust giving 90PK. I have been running a DMTL and a larger bore exhaust system from the 112hp GTE for nearly 10 years . Dizzy is an 026 905 205 J timed at the flywheel 18 degrees with hose on. Vacuum pot is good. Petrol is 95RON and I don't get pre-ignition. The engine has done at least 250000km, will have lost some compression but it generally runs great and gives pretty good millage. I have an O2 sensor permanently fitted and have reamed and fine tuned jets over the year.

After reading the recent post on Bosch dizzy I read that the AK or AA dizzy is the one to have, not my 'J' dizzy. I saw some vacuum maps and was wondering if anybody had insights into the 3 dizzys I have here in my personal stash from different B2 Audis:
    1. 026 905 205 J
    2. 026 905 205 F
    3. 026 905 205 A

And how they compare with the AK/AA. I no longer have Etka and although I am willing to swap out and try i'd like to have some basic timing set up figures.

Thanks, Stuart

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

026905205J - 1.8 carb
    026905205F - ETKA doesnt know this one, can you double check part number? Also post up the bosch part number
    026905205A - early DX 1.8 kjet GTI, jackpot :)

3. tram-man New Member

Thank you very much. I am very greatful.

I made a typo in the F model. It is:
    026 905 206F

Bosch numbers Z415 then followed by 0 237 020 117

Is there any chance that you could pull up the vacuum specs (advance specs of vacuum and centrofugal at with different rpms)? I would like to get my head around the differences and rty and understand what the advance is under different conditions.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

aha, so 026905206F -> 026905205AC which is also the equivalent of a 1.8 carb dizzy :)

This thread has a lot of in-depth information, everything I have on the GTI type distributors was put in there:
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/inde...-1-8-dx-gti-bosch-distributor-springs.292846/

I might be able to find comparable information on some of the carb distributors al;so, but it might be limited as only the MK1 sections were fully fleshed out and even then some bits are missing. The MK1 haynes might have some thing as well, if I get a minute I'll have a dig through