Bought a Polo. Woo!

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by KieranC, Mar 16, 2009.

1. KieranC Forum Member

Spotted this on club polo in Sheffield so I went down for a look on Saturday and bought it! It's pretty tidy, few tiny bit of rust appearing but nothing worth shouting about. It's certainly a step up from the 205, feels like a mini mk2 golf :) love it

put the alloys back on today and swapped the front arms while I was at it, still feels a bit loose on the road but I'll sort it out....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

looks fun, and with a bit of work could look super cool. How much? if you don't mind obv

3. KieranC Forum Member

a bit over 500 with the wheels, bargain IMO given its condition.
    not sure i'll do much cosmetically... it's not rusty so i'm happy [:p]

4. Admin Guest

oh a GT, they are fun cars! proper nippy too

5. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

Port the throttle body for better midrange, get a chip for off of clubpolo or ebay for 30 and slap on a mk2 8v golf gti airflow meter for and you'll be flirting around the 90bhp mark which, coupled to the close ratio short geared box, makes for a real nippy, revvy car.....in fact, it'll stick with a modded mk2 golf pb 8v to 50mph side by side, after that the golf will slowly pull away

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  6. KieranC Forum Member

there's a chip for sale on clubpolo for 30 right now... i've thought about all this stuff, just wanna get the broken bits fixed first ;)
    it's got an odd idle problem, i can find lots of people with the same but no common fix... when i apply just a tiny bit of throttle the revs drop and it can even stall. sometimes does it when you're pulling away if you don't give it a bit of gas, end up flat as owt for a second till it picks up, can be dodgy if you've pulled out in front of someone and need to get a move on....
    thinking TPS, timing or AFM maybe so far, gonna do some bits this weekend i think. got a gearbox oil seal to do and gear stick repair kit..

fitted the splitter too

[​IMG]

7. pettsy Forum Member

i'd say its probably the tps. The problem with some people on clubpolo is they'll happily spend on go faster bits, but won't spend to sort a running problem!

I've had about 12 polo gt's, and i remember having some b road fun with an 8v gti golf in the first one i had!

8. yeha Forum Member

Have you been in Harrogate today? I'm sure I saw this.

9. KieranC Forum Member

entirely possible, i live there :)

10. yeha Forum Member

So do I. Where are you?

11. KieranC Forum Member

nice. oatlands area, just opposite the infants school. know anyone who wants a crappy old pug 205?