'Box for ABF or 9A?

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Foxiit.., Mar 4, 2014.

1. Foxiit.. New Member

Okay lads..

Greetings! I have a question. Which would be the better buy over here,?

I'm kinda new when it comes to actually working on cars - I'm learning as I go along - so my mechanic does most of the work. I currently have a fox running a 9A motor with a KR head - I'm planning on fitting ABF cams or Schrick 272/ 276 split set, dunno which for daily drive.. Help??? - but that ain't the question. Also, my uncle has an ABF laying in his garage that I might be able to get from him if I ask very nicely( hence the comment of the cams )

Say I fit an O2J tranny to it( either motor, depending on if I get the engine from unc ) - which would it be? I know it's supposed to bolt straight on, so out of all the choices I had, I think my choices I narrowed it down to, was good enough.

Basically, what I'm looking at is either the DQY from the TDi Beetle, or the DZC or FBY from the Jetta IV or VR6 - good choices? Although, I think the Beetle's ratio's are a little lazier than the VR's - that's the only difference, right?

Hope you guys can help or even understand me - sorry for just Rattling off.

Cheers
    Cameron

2. Foxiit.. New Member

So the TDi box will bolt straight on?

3. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

TDI ratios are good.......on a TDI
    Jon