brake Judder

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Admin, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Admin Guest

yesterday, i replaced my 2 rear shocks, and this has serverly stopped the amount of brake shudder i'm getting. the shocks before where bilsteins with standard springs and made the car sit really high compared to the front which is sitting on lowered 50mm suspension. I'm still getting this braking judder, will i replace my front disks? why has changing the rear suspension stopped a bit of this?

cheers

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

changing rear shocks would have nothing to do with brake judder. more than likely your discs are warped...

3. Admin Guest

well it made a big difference to the amount of judder i have, maybe something to do with the fact the rear calipers, took some abuse?

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

no, rear calipers are untouched when you're doing rear shocks...

5. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

is it defo brake judder? are all your wheels on tight? not buckled?

6. Admin Guest

well having done the shocks ourself, we needed to jump on the rear caliper to hold the rear axle down and bring the shock out of the bracket as it droped down to far.

7. Admin Guest

the wheels are on ok, but it mostly judders when braking, could that still be a problem with the wheels then u think?

8. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

oh dear [:o)] lol

9. Admin Guest

it's all fine now anyway ;) well except from the judder if course........

10. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

you still have those rear discs and pads you bought for your green thing don't you? use them, an just buy ones for front...

11. Admin Guest

i actually have 2 front disks and pads and 2 rear disks and pads, but they disks and pads only looked a few months old, thats on the car, didn't want to waste time and change them. I'm now thinking the rear disks could be warped? u think?

12. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i'd just replace them all. not a big job, and it's peace o mind. at least if it still judders you'll know what it defo isn't!

13. Admin Guest

oh well, i know what i will be doing monday then! if i don't snap them dam caliper bolts again!
    Edited by: Dave

14. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i'll give you a hand if ye like (not monday tho)
    circumstances permitting (me finding my good allen keys)

15. Admin Guest

cheers, i will give it a bash on monday, shouldn't be much trouble. plus graham said he would do it all for me if i wanted, as well. :)