Brake pedal

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Smithdog84, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Smithdog84 Forum Member

Hi all.
    Trying to reattach my brake pedal to the booster rod. I have installed a new clip but cannot get the rod to clip in. Do I need the tool for this or should it just clip back in? thanks in advance.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

IIRC you fit the clip first then line up the servo, press the brake pedal with your foot and it pops in?

3. Smithdog84 Forum Member

when you say fit the clip I’m guessing you mean fit it to the back of the pedal. This I have already done.
    was just being cautious. Did not want to break the clip and have to remove the pedal box again. It’s a snug fit with my new throttle pedal And I have nearly had enough of the foot well.
    Just this clip and the steering column left to refit and I’m out of the foot well.
    Thanks.

4. rubjonny

yep thats right, just double checked in ElsaWin and it confirms this. fit clip to pedal then firmly press pedal till ball end pops into it :)

5. Smithdog84 Forum Member

thanks mate. I knew it must be a simple solution.

6. Smithdog84 Forum Member

Cheers Jonny that worked a treat.
    I do although have another question about the clutch pedal this time. my pedal box is from my 2.0 8v so had cable clutch. Does this mean the big spring on the Clutch pedal can go?
    and the Clutch master cylinder will return the pedal to its starting position?
    Thanks again for your help.

7. rubjonny

not 100% on the mk3 but I would leave it on anyway, the corrado/passat type pedal box still has the over-centre spring

8. Smithdog84 Forum Member

Looking at diagrams and other pedal boxes I’m pretty sure the spring stays in. Cheers for help mate.