Britain's fastest speeder

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seraph, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Cabby Dave Forum Member

That copper was on an empty motorway so bar any mechanmical probnlems or puncture, it wasnt a huge risk.

2. inoakgreen Forum Member

yeah, but when they pull you over for that, you cant use that excuse can you???

3. m47k Forum Member

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

If you don't fix the spelling mistake in your sig, I am going to have an angry mob of men hunt you down and stab you until your eyes fall out.:)

5. bens_cab Forum Junkie

britains fastes speeder did 6 lines in 2 seconds

6. m47k Forum Member

no need, got a new one

i live for another day

7. Admin Guest

haha thats just up the road from me, turn off for Yaxley north bound on the new section of A1

8. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

As I said in my post I THINK that he was on empty m/way in the early hours of the morning so this scenario is unlikely however IF it did I can't see that he would ever be able to blame anybody else for. Whilst a driver changing lanes has a responsibility to judge the speed & distance of approaching vehicles I don't think that antone could reasonably expect a vehicle to be approaching them at 150+, although, if you were being pedantic, it could be argued that you shouldn't expect another vehicle to doing more than 70.

No they don't, certainly not ones where they can drive at those speeds. Many forces have facilities for skid training etc but I'm not aware of any with a runway or banked bowl.

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

Is there such thing as a totally empty motorway nowadays at any time. If he was to pass just 1 car at those speeds it would surely be classed as dangerous.

10. inoakgreen Forum Member

i understand what your saying here, but i'm putting myself in his shoes (ie a normal joe public), if i did that on an empty m'way in the early hours of the morning, and i had advanced driving, i still wouldn't get away with it because the police would MOST DEFO say "what if.....", and then give me a lecture similar to the example i stated!!! whether someones a highly trained driver or not, they're sharing the public roads with people that aint as highly trained as them, but still have as much right to be there!!! its a highly dangerous task for even a trained police officer to chase down joyriders, but to drive like that unneccessarily (imo) makes him worse than 'speeding porsche driver'. worse, because he is in the more responsible position and most defo sees the results of speeding on a day-to-day basis!!

if this offends any cops on this forum, sorry, you maybe doing a good job out there (i wouldn't do it) but you have to see that the rules you enforce, should also be followed by yourselfs!!!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  11. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

That's a fair point & as I said earlier I'm not saying that he was right do that speed, or that he should get away with it, but I think it fair to say that his job does make it necessary to drive at high speed & he has to decide how fast he can safely drive given the road & traffic conditions at the time. Most people seem to agree that 150+mph is too fast regardless of the conditions so how fast should the Police drive to an emergency?And who decides what is too fast in the case of the Police, the accident victim who is trapped in their car, facing the wrong way in outside lane of the motorway. (Iknow that isn't relevant in this case as the officer in question wasn't on a shout)
    I think there are "degrees of speeding" but I also think it wrong to condemn someone for doing something that you do yourself to a lesser degree. A speed that I think is suitable for the given conditions may appear to another driver as too fast, equally i have been driving at what i consider to be safe speed (not necessarily below the limit) & get overtaken by someone (strangely, usually a BMW) believing they are doing the same.

12. Seraph Banned

With all the taxes ploughed into the police kitty, they should be able to hire Silverstone or Milbrook for a few weeks!:lol: Certainly isn't going on road repair! (Grr)

13. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Great idea, but I can imagine the headlines "Police wasting taxes on private track day" :lol:

Besides, all that money is being very well spent on things like Corporate Communications Depts, Business Development Teams & other equally important things that no Police Force can do without [xx(]

14. inoakgreen Forum Member

i know how you feel mate!! same thing with money ploughed into our hospital, spent on brand new made up depts. we cant do without -offering us an overall better service in the long run!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

:o Is that like... training crooks, so as to drum up more business for the police?

16. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Quite possibly, I've no idea what they actually do, what I do know is that they get paid well for doing it

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

He's being sentenced today, apparently. Let's start a sweepstake on what he gets. I'm going with 9 months in prison, and an 8 year ban.[8D]

18. inoakgreen Forum Member

i'm going for the dead cert - he losses/lost his job!!

19. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

going to prison just for driving fast......sorry, still can't get my head around how ridiculous that is and that it's regarded as a "crime".

no one got hurt.

that's like sending someone to prison just beause they have a knife rack in the kitchen."potentialy" deadly, but wasn't.

20. Seraph Banned

Now if you took that knife rack out on to the street!.............